Ainmean-Àite na h-Alba (AÀA) believes that personal privacy is an important issue and works within current UK legislation to protect users’ privacy.
Effective date: August 15, 2018
Data controller contact
If you want to amend or delete data held by AÀA, please get in touch through our contact page or contact us by using the following details:
You have a right to ask for a copy of the information AÀA hold about you.
What we collect
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our services to you.
- You may be asked to provide some personal information about yourself to participate in AÀA services such as e-newsletters, online shop and research services. This information may include your name, title, address and contact details.
- Our Shop and Donations facility forms will ask clients to supply credit card and/or bank details in order to receive goods and services. These forms operate over secure connections so that data is safeguarded.
We may also collect information how our website is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service. Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
How we process and store your data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
If you are located outside United Kingdom and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United Kingdom and process it here.
When you make a purchase or a donation, your payment is processed by a third party payment processor, who specialises in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions. If you have any questions regarding secure transactions, please contact us.
Personal information provided will only be used for the purpose stated and will not be sold, licensed or traded to third parties unless required by law.
AÀA may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Ainmean-Àite na h-Alba
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
What we do with the data we collect
- It is used to supply you with the goods, services and information that you have requested
- We analyse the information that we collect so that we can improve and develop the website, and to detect, prevent and address technical issues
- We notify you of changes to the services we offer
Your choices & rights
- You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent.
- You have the right to know why your personal data is needed, what will happen to it, and how long it will be retained for.
- Right of access: You have the right to access your personal data that is known to us.
- Right to rectification: you have the right to supplement, correct, have deleted or blocked your personal data whenever you wish.
- If you give us your consent to process your data, you have the right to revoke that consent and to have your personal data deleted.
- Right to transfer your data: you have the right to request all your personal data from the controller and transfer it in its entirety to another controller.
- Right to object: you may object to the processing of your data. We comply with this, unless there are justified grounds for processing.
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our online services (“Service Providers”), to perform service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our services are used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our website.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by AÀA and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, some information is subject to change. AÀA will not be held liable for information that is subject to change and reserves the right to alter the content of the website at any time. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
This website contains links to third-party websites and external resources which are not under the governance of AÀA. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, AÀA takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
AÀA may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to be sure that you are compliant with any such changes.