Ainmean-Àite na h-Alba (AÀA) believes that personal privacy is an important issue and works within current UK legislation to protect users’ privacy.
Data controller contact
If you want to amend or delete data held by AÀA, please get in touch through our contact page.
What we collect
- You may be asked to provide some personal information about yourself to participate in AÀA services such as e-newsletters, online shop and research services. This information may include your name, title, address and contact details. This information may be stored manually or electronically.
- Online forms may ask clients to supply credit card and/or bank details in order to receive goods and services. Where appropriate, these forms operate over secure connections so that data is safeguarded.
What we do with the information we collect
- It is used to supply you with the goods, services and information that you have requested
- We also use it you provide you with information which we feel may interest you, unless you have indicated otherwise
- We analyse the information that we collect so that we can improve and develop the website
- We notify you of changes to the services we offer
Personal information provided will only be used for the purpose stated and will not be sold, licensed or traded to third parties unless required by law.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by AÀA and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, some information is subject to change. AÀA will not be held liable for information that is subject to change and reserves the right to alter the content of the website at any time. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
This website contains links to third-party websites and external resources which are not under the governance of AÀA. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, AÀA takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
AÀA may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to be sure that you are compliant with any such changes.
What are cookies?
We use three main groups of cookies.
- Traffic analytics cookies (names starting with __utm) – we use Google Analytics to find out how people use our site, and to provide them with with a better experience by enabling us to monitor which pages they find useful and which they do not. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Additionally, a strictly necessary cookie will be set to remember that you dismissed the cookie notice.
What if I do not want to accept cookies?
Your web browser has settings which allow you to control how you browse web sites. These include settings to manage your cookies. Check your browser’s help information or visit the following links for further information :